More about Carly, via nine links.
1. A biography with the basics.
2. A biography of her predecessor at Hewlett Packard, Lew Platt.
3. Platt was later recruited to replace Fiorina at HP as flack from the Compaq deal became intense.
4. But Platt's return didn't happen. Robert Wayman took over.
5. Okay, Wayman was just an "interim" CEO. Then there was this guy.
6. Fiorina has defended her track record at Hewlett Packard. Here's a statement on her campaign's web site. [For the relevant portion of that, scroll down to where you see the words, "Under Carly's leadership, great things happened...."]
7. The WaPo fact checker was unimpressed.
8. One of the WaPo cites is to this Fortune mag piece, "Why Carly's big bet is failing." Now regarded by Fortune's editors as one of their archival "classics."
9. Much of the discussion is about how the rate of new patents grew under Fiorina. There is reason to doubt that's a sensible metric. There are many bankrupt enterprises that went under with impressive patent portfolios.