I turned on CNN on the morning of August 7th. Yes, I do sometimes get news from the television, rather than the net. Boomers endure!
Anyway: I turned it on and was immediately hit with the release of the July jobs numbers. Dismal.
Of course the administration keeps telling us the economy is great, best ever, and that anything negative anyone might say about the US economy is fake news.
Even when their own flunkies provide the numbers. This is from their Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Employment Situation Summary - 2026 M07 Results
There is, admittedly, something Orwellian in the wording of the report itself. It says, "Both nonfarm payroll employment (-23,000) and the unemployment rate (4.1 percent) changed little in July."
The number, 23,000 nonfarm jobs lost in one month, is startling. But it is covered by a soothing word. That change is "little". Betweem a bureaucrat's startling numbers and his soothing words -- believe the number.
Comments
Post a Comment